Terms of Service
Summary of Service
BrandMate is a platform where users ("BrandMates") express their affection towards brands with the sole scope of receiving social recognition for their good taste and creativity by similar individuals. Through the App, email, websites, and other media, the Service makes accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, projects, other material and information (collectively, “Content”). BrandMates, legal persons (businesses) and other users of the Service (collectively, “User”) may have the ability to contribute, add, create, upload, submit, distribute, facilitate the distribution of, collect, post, or otherwise make accessible ("User Submissions") Content.
Acceptance of Terms
By accessing or using the Site or by posting any Content, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms. The Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including, but not limited to, the availability of any feature, database, or Content) at any time for any reason. The Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
The Service does not accept membership registrations from users who are under 13 years of age. By registering with BrandMate, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. The Company reserves the right to ask for proof of age from you and your account may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided.
The Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
In addition to any other obligation of the User under this Agreement, the User is obliged to: (a) refrain from providing over the Site any information or Content that infringe rights of third parties including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and personality rights; (b) always comply with all applicable laws and regulations (see ‘General Prohibitions’).
BrandMate does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and BrandMate expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. BrandMate does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you agree not to do any of the following, either directly or indirectly:
1. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal right of others;
2. Publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
3. Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person's computer, our sites, any software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
4. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so;
5. Transmit surveys, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
6. Collect or store personal information about other end users;
7. Interfere with or disrupt our sites, servers, or networks;
8. Forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through our sites or to manipulate your presence on our sites;
9. Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
10. Engage in any illegal activities.
Company will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights. BrandMate will also terminate a User's access to its Site, if they are determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had a User Submission removed from the Website more than twice.
If the User chooses a username that is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might otherwise subject us to public disparagement or scorn, we reserve the right, without prior notice to the User, to automatically change the username.
BrandMates allows the User to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit Content. BrandMate does not claim any ownership rights in any Content generated by users and nothing in these Terms restricts any rights that you may have to use and exploit any Content.
BrandMate is a user generated Internet platform. BrandMate does not hold responsibility for the Content posted on the platform and aimed towards the respective companies, nor is responsible for the names of the companies that are added to its Site. Furthermore, BrandMate does not endorse any obligation to control/monitor any User Submission. However, as the the vision of BrandMate is to ‘enhance consumer-brand relationships’, the Company will proactively employ restrictive actions in order to protect User from any reputation arming content referred to him.
Through the constant monitoring of the content uploaded by the User and the notifications check for ‘Negative content’ suggested by User, BrandMate aims at limiting negative interactions and keeping the platform a safe environment for the User. Company reserves the right to remove content or users that do not abide to our Terms & Conditions.
BrandMate acts in the complete respect of the intellectual property of others. It is BrandMate policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Upon proper notice, BrandMate will remove User Submissions or other applicable Content that violates copyright or other intellectual property rights.
The Content referenced, made accessible to Users on the Site or by means of the BrandMate Service, is protected by the copyright and trademark laws of EU and other countries. User may need to obtain authorization of the owner of such materials before using them for any purpose other than viewing on the app. For authorizations to use an image, please contact the Content owner as indicated on the source site, not BrandMate.
If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please send a notification to BrandMate. BrandMate team will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content that have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
2. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
3. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
Claims can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any dispute the User has with BrandMate, User agrees to first contact BrandMate and attempt to resolve the dispute with BrandMate informally.